NOTE: FlopsyShop.ie is currently not taking any new items.
FlopsyShop.ie is (almost) always looking for excellent quality baby and toddler clothing from newborn up-to 4 years for both girls and boys. We are not too picky about brands, but we do have guidelines on what we can and can not accept. Here they are.
- All sizes of clothes up to age 4 years.
- Any brand. Irish or not, designer or not. However, we only accept clothing from Dunnes/Primark/H&M in excellent (near new) condition or new with tags.
- Quality; Only offer us clothes that you'd be happy with buying yourself. We are very strict!
Please note the following:
- Babygrows need to be part of a complete set and in excellent condition.
- Vests need to be part of an outfit or part of a complete set in excellent condition.
Can Not Accept
- Clothes with stains (food, drool, dribble, poop, we've seen it all and returned them)
- Shoes, socks, tights, underwear, bibs, hats.
- No rips, missing buttons, etc.
- Any clothes from smoke/dog/cat home
- Handmade clothes.
- Holiday souvenirs
- Baby equipment/accessories. (too bulky for us)
If you are in any doubt please just ask.
What To Do Next
Send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
An overview of the items you are selling including size and brand(s). Example; 4 shirts, 6 pants, 12 leggings, brands included are Next, Dunnes, F+F....
Your contact details and location (so we can check if we can do a pick-up or need to arrange a shipping label).
Include the best picture(s) you can take of the items. This does not need to be individual. Here's an example that works for us.
NOTE: do not send us clothes before reaching out to us!
How Does Pricing Work?
Custom Offer - up to 25 items
We will make a custom offer based on the sizes and non-high street brands. This includes:
- Items new with tags or items new but the tags are removed
- Occasion wear
- Complete outfits in excellent condition
- Jackets / Coats in excellent condition
- Designer brands
Over 25 items
We offer a kilo price for high street brand clothing. We ask that there be at least 25 items.
Please note that a set of two items, eg. A dress and vest outfit, a T-shirt and jeans outfit – these would be classed as one item. A set of 5 matching sleepsuits or vests would be classed as one item.
Once we have a selection made, we will contact you with an offer and detail the total weight of the clothing; the total weight of what we have selected; and the total weight of what is not suitable.
€3/kg for the used but good/excellent condition items from brands like Dunnes, Primark, F+F, Mothercare, Pumpkin Patch, Next etc.
€4.50/kg for items that are new with tag; and designer brands like Junior J, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, etc.
If the offer is acceptable to you, we will arrange a bank or PayPal transfer.
If there offer is not accepted, it is your responsibility to collect your clothing back from us. (for items don't want back, you can nominate a charity or we would donate these items to Human Appeal or equivalent).
How Do I Get My Clothes to You?
If you are within a 45-minute drive from Dublin we offer to pick up the items to review. We ask that there be at least one bag/box full of items to make it worth our while. If you are outside of this catchment area, please get in touch and we can try to work out a solution depending on your volume of clothing and location. (We've done business with parents from Cork to Donegal)
Please note: If we have received the clothes, but they do not meet the quality standards or guidelines, the return postage or collection will be up to you. Alternatively, you can opt for us to donate them to charity.
FlopsyShop.ie accepts donations, but only if they adhere to the above quality guidelines. For each kilo donated, FlopsyShop.ie pledges to donate 2 euro to our favourite charity at the end of the year.
Looking forward to doing business with you!